Click on the magazine cover to open
EMail the Editor
LEXINGTON, Ky. – John Calipari has made the statement before that he would like to see every NBA team have at least one Wildcat on its roster and half of the NBA’s annual All-Star Game hailing from the University of Kentucky.
It’s an ambitious goal, sure, but with each passing season, as the number of UK players playing in the NBA continues to rise, it doesn’t seem that far-fetched.
The Kentucky men’s basketball team, the nation’s most prolific NBA player-producing program, once again leads the country with 24 players on an opening-day NBA roster. Of the 449 players in the NBA to start the 2016-17 season, approximately 5.35 percent played college basketball at UK.
Continue reading: UK leads the country with 24 former players on NBA rosters
KENTUCKY POSTGAME NOTES
Mississippi State at Kentucky
Commonwealth Stadium – Lexington, Ky.
Oct. 22, 2016
FINAL SCORE: Kentucky 40, Mississippi State 38
Team Records and Series Notes
- Kentucky is 4-3 overall, 3-2 in the Southeastern Conference. Mississippi State is now 2-5, 1-3 in the league.
- The last time Kentucky was 3-2 in SEC play was 1999.
- Kentucky has won three straight SEC home games for the first since 1996.
- It is also the first time UK has won its first three conference home games since 1990.
- With the win, Kentucky evens the all-time series between the two schools, 22-22. Kentucky leads the series 13-9 in games played in Lexington. This was Kentucky’s first win in the series since 2008 and its first win in Lexington against Mississippi State since 2005.
- The win was Kentucky’s 151st all-time at Commonwealth Stadium.
- Kentucky will return to action Sat. Oct. 29 when it travels to face Missouri in Columbia, Mo., at Noon ET on SEC Network.
Continue reading: Postgame notes from Kentucky’s 40-38 win over Miss. State
Allen Central 32 Shelby Valley 14
Belfry 60 Pike County Central 0
Bell County 68 Jackson County 44
Bishop Brossart 42 Berea 20
Greenup County 26 Boyd County 7
Corbin 35 Casey County 7
Lexington Christian 42 Danville 40
Rowan County 13 East Carter 12
Leslie County 47 East Ridge 12
Estill County 46 Knott County Central 6
Pineville 22 Harlan 19
South Laurel 42 Lincoln County 35
Williamsburg 52 Lynn Camp 7
Taylor County 20 Marion County 7
Somerset 48 Middlesboro 11
Breathitt County 51 Morgan County 12
Harlan County 74 Perry County Central 49
Phelps 48 South Floyd 6
Pikeville 53 Jenkins 0
Betsy Lane at Prestonsburg
Rockcastle County 14 Knox Central 0
Russell County 42 Clay County 38
Lawrence County 46 Sheldon Clark 16
Southwestern 21 Pulaski County 6
McCreary Central 41 Thomas Walker, VA 13
What’s better than attending a Kentucky basketball game? Getting rewarded for doing so with a semester of free tuition.
For the fourth year in a row, Kentucky head coach John Calipari will pay the 2017 spring semester in-state tuition for two lucky UK students who attend Friday’s Blue-White Game at Rupp Arena (7 p.m. ET).
Continue reading: Calipari to pay tuition for two students following Blue-White Game